- Construction Date
The Superintendent’s Lodge at the Soldiers’ and Airmen’s Home National Cemetery was built in 1867 to serve as the home of the cemetery Superintendent. The lodge is based on a prototypical design that was used in national cemeteries across the country. The brownstone building was modified over time with several additions and alterations. In 2017, the building was “mothballed,” or temporarily secured and made weathertight until it is occupied in the future.
UBER’s scope of work included repointing with natural hydraulic lime-based mortars, crack injection, patching repair of brownstone sills, cleaning, and replacement of the chimney cap. The mortar was formulated to match the appearance of the historic mortar.